07 March 2007

EXTRA CREDIT!

Tomorrow we start birds and we will soon be starting mammals. Since 5 week grades get mailed home soon, here is an opportunity to do something about your grade if you do not like it. REMEMBER, this grade does not reflect any bird watching or weekly stimuli you may have done. Here's your task: Select ONE New York State bird or mammal and write a short biography about it. Some examples may include: the Barred Owl, Cooper's Hawk, Blue Bird, Raccoon, White tailed deer, etc. It MUST be native to NY and cannot be domesticated like a horse or dog. Please include things like size, color, habitat, food preferences, reproduction habits (how many young will it have, etc), and behavior. Your paper should be between 250 and 500 words. Include a picture and DO NOT copy/paste from the internet. I will also accept powerpoints...if that's your thing. The animal diversity link and Wiki will help a lot for this project. This is due by 6 April.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we do Squirrels? I really want to!!!

Chad DeVoe said...

Yes...they're mammals.

Anonymous said...

its YOUR papers NOT YOU papers J/k

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Yeah, I didn't really read the rest... I was too excited. I am gonna make a Power Point :D

Chad DeVoe said...

Thanks...fixed it.

Anonymous said...

MR. DEVOE!! I am confused! On the White Footed Mouse sheet, there are 3 things in the key, and 4 lines to fill out! What's the other line for?! (PLEASE RESPOND)

Chad DeVoe said...

There should be 4 organisms in the key: snake, hawk, grains, fox. I'm wondering if maybe there is a font issue. If your comp. doesn't have comic sans, it might push the text out of that box. I can show you what I mean tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay. Thanks. :D

Anonymous said...

HUMANZEE!!!HUMANZEE!!!HUMANZEE!!!HUMANZEE!!!

Anonymous said...

What the Heck?

Anonymous said...

I'm already started!

Chad DeVoe said...

Jen,

Good luck and have fun. Nice job on your essay earlier and Mrs. Aarne wrote a really nice letter for you.

Anonymous said...

DeVoe~
Thanks! Yeah that was very kind of her.

Anonymous said...

DeVoe~
Is it ok that my extra credit project is a slide show? It's about Canis Lupus :-)

Anonymous said...

~DeVoe
I just finished it! Is 10 slides good?

Chad DeVoe said...

Jen,

Oh sweet. Yes, 10 slides sounds great. Looking forward to seeing it.

Anonymous said...

Do you guys want to try my dog's BROWNIES????!!!!

Anonymous said...

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Unknown said...

oh god, i procrastinated! you give us this AND the Me Manaul! :'(

Chad DeVoe said...

This is Extra Credit though. No Worries.

Unknown said...

I know it's extra credit, but i REALLY want to do it. :(