07 May 2007

Saturday at noon, "Rot-in-Groton" officially kicks off. Here, Generation-Z members EVA M. and ADAM D. move the third bin into position. We will be having a chicken/ vegetarian BBQ and lots of other cool things at the ceremony. The Middle School Compost Club will also make their debut. Stop on by if you get a chance. We will be out back from noon-3 by the nature area. Remember to bring in any good science projects from this year (cell projects, movie scripts, me manuals, mammal trapping labs, etc)so I can show them off on the student work table.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i saw adam on friday.



~Mary

Anonymous said...

What r they doing? I sure as heck don't know!!!!! Anyways go peoples.

~Chey S~

Anonymous said...

Mr. DeVoe where is Newfane in NY neway?

Your ol pal
Curious

Unknown said...

Newfane is somewhere on Planet Tree Hugger. *smiles sweetly*

Chad DeVoe said...

Planet treehugger is a great place...the only bad thing is that the inhabitants get frustrated with careless humans very quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Eva is one of my friends!
Steph

Anonymous said...

mr devoe when are you goin to put new pics. on the blog?

Barb said...

I went to the opening ceremony Saturday. What a great job you guys did!!! Composting starts Monday, right?
Could I donate some plants, perennials, maybe, when you're ready to start using that great compost? I'd sure love to!

Chad DeVoe said...

Thatd be great, Ms. Bassette! We'll soon have lots of compost for gardening activities around the school.

Barb said...

Let me know when you're ready for plants and I'll have some for you. It's going to be great dirt. One year I only used composted leaves for my plants in pots. Great flowers! (and i didn't have to lug 40 pound bags down my steps)
Oh, and I bought, at my favorite store, a book for you from 1982 (was anybody even born then? I'd been in and out of teaching already!) on re/uses.