23 May 2007


Today we got outside to do an evolution by natural selection activity. Sexual reproduction yields variation (and mutations) among members of a population. Our birds (students) had variation in their beak shapes (spoons, forks, forceps, and knives) as they foraged on the lawn for different sized and colored beans. We found that nature would favor the "spoon beak" shape and those members would pass that gene on to their offspring. After awhile, the "knife and forcep beak" genes would be eliminated.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come we didnt do this last year

Chad DeVoe said...

I made a lot of new labs last summer. Sorry! = )

Unknown said...

I will probably say that same thing next year when I'm in 8th grade....I don't wanna go to 8th grade! Sad...

Unknown said...

I am changing my blog name to: www.alenthenerd.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

GO ASHLYN!!!


~ASHYLN' S FAN

Anonymous said...

that looks nice. i am in ais math. ha ha. its boring. he he ♥

~Kaitlynn

Anonymous said...

This lab was so totally awesome! Keegan was a cheater all the way! I don't care if natural selection favors him or not, that was not right!

Anonymous said...

Juliette I know who you are. Thats your french name ****** (not going to say).

Anonymous said...

I know who you are, Izzi. ******. I won't say if you won't.

Anonymous said...

whos that sexi kid in the dc shirt?