17 September 2007

Wow...lots of people were absent today. I think the 7th grade had more missing today than this year combined so far....Cold Season??? Today we looked at a few tools of the life scientist. Hannah G. brought in several scanning electron microscope images her father took at his Cornell Lab and they were very sweet images, indeed. To the left is a soybean cyst nematode. I had to steal this from Wikipedia because I couldn't get any of Hannah's to upload. Tomorrow we review for Wednesday's test. Also, those slug feeding labs are due then too. Do your best...I like to be impressed = )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeVoe~
I love Mrs. Humme's science class! She is so cool!

Chad DeVoe said...

Good...I know she's cool. I'm glad you're enjoying physical science. I'm sure she enjoys having you in class too.

Anonymous said...

those pictures were cool!
-Psycho squirrel

Chad DeVoe said...

Yes, very cool. I love when parents are like "Mr. Devoe...how can I help to improve science class" There are a lot of parents that have so much to offer education and I'm liking the input so far. We are so lucky here...a small community with ~15 kids per class but with an amazing Cornell influence. We seriously live 20 kilometers from the best university in the WORLD for Life Science! That's something to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

My head hurts @.@

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwwww that was gross.

Anonymous said...

That was NOT!