25 September 2009

This year in 7th grade we will be sponsoring a less fortunate child from Africa. Today we watched "The Miniature Earth" to get a better idea of the hardships many people in the world face. The clip we watched in class is located here: http://www.miniature-earth.com/me_english.htm

Remember, if you are interested in helping out you can leave your loose change in the container in Mr. DeVoe's room. If ever 7th grader chips in 30 cents a month we can make a huge difference in a child's life and give them basic health care, access to clean water and food, and education.

Click here for more information on Zambia.

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful, wonderful idea. I'll be in to drop my change....and maybe this class will continue with this next year in my room.

As usual, thanks for wonderful motivation to keep being the best teacher I can be!

Alexis S said...

I learned that some people take what they have for granted. And some people don't have alot. We should all appreciate what we have and try to help others who are less fortunate.

Chad DeVoe said...

I agree Alexis. Thanks for commenting! Thanks Ms. B. Maybe we can sponsor more than just one!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to learn more about..Sipawe? I'm pretty sure that's her name...:-P